My Peanut Cookies
I am actually pretty excited! After playing around for several days with different cookie dough’s, recipes and ideas I think that I might have come up with something great 🙂 First I tried several plain cookies, just to find the right texture. Than I started adding different ingredients and flavors; the best attempt being white chocolate cookies with cranberries. They were fine, but not really overwhelming and quite frank I didn’t like the look of them… So, yesterday I suddenly came up with an idea for peanut cookies, as my boyfriend really loves peanuts and especially peanut butter! Well, you see where this is going, I tried to make some Peanut Peanut butter Cookies! And although I am honestly not very fond of peanut butter (really don’t like the smell of it) I have to admit that these cookies turned out quite good 😉 Crisp on the outside, chewy in the middle what more can you ask for 🙂
Maybe I am a bit too enthusiastic, but I am actually quite proud of myself that me putting some ingredients together actually can make good tasting cookies! So, enough of my tapping-on-my-own-shoulder babbling and let’s get to the recipe! I really hope you guys enjoy it as much as my boyfriend did 😉 So please let me know what you think, cheers!
1. Mix 75g of white caster sugar and 75g of brown soft sugar together with 75g of soft butter until fluffy. Add 75g of creamy peanut butter and mix again until combined and creamy.
2. Add one fridge-cold egg and mix in.
3. Sift 150g of flour together with 1/2 tsp of baking powder over the butter-sugar-egg mixture and fold in.
4. Finally chop 60g of salted peanuts and fold in into the dough (easy, isn’t it ;))
5. Bake in the oven at 180ºC (or at 160ºC Fan) for 15-18 minutes.
Give them some room on the baking tray as they will spread out a little. I am using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon (50ml) to make equal balls of dough which will end up in quite some big (yummie) cookies. Makes between 8 and 10 cookies. There are still quite soft when coming out of the oven, but don’t worry as soon as they have cooled down they will become firm (but still chewy :))
Makes 8-10 large cookies
75g caster sugar
75g brown soft sugar
75g butter (soft)
75g peanut butter (smooth)
1/2 tsp baking powder
60g chopped peanuts (salted)