Cappuccino Cup Pralines
Sadly the Christmas Season is over now and the next Holiday is already awaiting us: New Years Eve. I will be honest and tell you that I adore Christmas but am not a huge fan of New Years Eve. In fact, I prefer to spend my time indoors, with good friends and good food. Nothing too fancy however, as everyone is probably still full from Christmas. A nice little Buffet full of small treats, fingerfood and some sweet and savory bits is just perfect. It also gives you the freedom to just eat all night away without having to sit on a table with a 3-course menu. Less stress, more fun.
In case you agree on this casual Buffet dinner I have something for the sweet part 😉 Filled Cappuccino Cup Pralines! Do you want to know the best thing about them? Or better, the best two things 😉 They are quick and easy to make and you can make them in advance (that where actually three points right?) The pre-made praline shells can be bought in good supermarkets which makes your life so much easier. You just have to prepare the chocolate filling, which is a matter of melting and filling the little cups 😀 Let them cool and set and enjoy!
Have a great new Year 2014!
What will you prepare for your New Years Eve Dinner?
- Heat up the cream and the granulated coffee
- Remove from heat and add the finely chopped white and milk chocolate
- Stir until the chocolate is melted
- Let is slightly cool until it starts to thicken
- Either use a piping bag or a small spoon and start to spread the chocolate mixture into your chocolate cups
- Let it set in the fridge for at about 1 hour or until firm
- Melt the finely chopped white chocolate above a hot water bath (au baine marie)
- Let slightly cool and add on top of the coffee-chocolate mixture
- Let it set again in the fridge until firm
- Sprinkle the tops with some dark cacao powder
- 40 Chocolate Praline Cups
- 120g Cream
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Coffee
- 100g White Chocolate, finely chopped
- 35g Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
- 135g White Chocolate, finely chopped
- some Dark Cacao
* adapted from LandGenuss Weihnachtsbäckerei